Mar 16, 2011

Review: iPad 2





Despite all the iPad frenzy going on right now, I got my hands on it, iPad 2 is the latest masterpiece from Apple and I can tell you it is a masterpiece yes, it's thinner/lighter/dual-core and comes in black and white, but that doesn't mean you need to rush and book a ticket to the US to get one. You probably read the specifications and the new features of the new iPad with all the heavy attention given by the press and blogs nowdays so I'll spare you that and tell you what really matters. 




If you have an iPad or used one, you will know how this thing can reshape the experience of the web and media, as one Apple executive put it "you'll hold the web in your hands", and it does, and now with 2 cameras front and back which both are average to say the least despite the advertised HD capability for the back camera, they are still usable nonetheless for FaceTime and such, for me the biggest drawback wasn't lack of additional ports or the camera quality but the screen resolution and pixel density which is still as the original iPad,  I mean when you provide a dual-core processor for a faster gaming/graphics performance and the same 1024 x 768 IPS display which isn't bad, but it's like using PS3 or Xbox 360 with an OLD CRT TV, you don't get the full potential of the graphics and it isn't even close to the Retina display on the iPhone 4. 








iOS 4.3 is pre installed on the new iPad and as I mentioned above it comes with all new FaceTime and Photobooth. One new feature I like is now I can choose the function of the up right switch as either a rotation lock or quick mute. As for the new Garageband and iMovie I didn't try them yet. but the whole iPad experience is still as smooth and responsive as ever.


With all the tablets coming out everyday, iPad is the only REAL tablet on the market right now, but if you already have the original one I wouldn't recommend this upgrade to be honest, sure there are cameras here and faster dual-core chip but I guess we can all agree what the iPad is really used for, thats web browsing, watching movies and playing games, so your original iPad can still do all this with class. and if your new to tablets or in the market for one, don't look elsewhere.




2 comments:

Jacqui said...

How were you able to grab one so quickly? I am still trying to get a hold of a model for myself :s

MeshariX said...

A friend camping outside an Apple store on launch date is all you need

Post a Comment